The San Francisco Safe Routes to School Program is in 35 elementary, 5 middle and 2 high schools.
Elementary schools that join our program receive pedestrian and bike safety assemblies, bike rodeos, and assistance from our outreach team.
If your school is not part of the Safe Routes to School program, it is still able to access the following services:
- Information about the 4 Fun Ways to Get to School: walking, bicycling, carpooling, and transit.
- Access to events, including walking school bus/bike train workshops.
- Participation in Walk and Roll to School Day on October 7, 2015.
- Participation in Bike and Roll to School Week April 18-22, 2016.
- Assistance with Free Muni for Youth registration for eligible students.
- Updates about events and relevant news through the SRTS newsletter and central calendar.
- A designated contact person to answer questions and provide information and assistance.
- Access to Safe Routes to Schools curricula.
Contact us about how your school can access all these great resources.