2016 SF Bike & Roll to School Week is April 18-22
Bike & Roll to School Week is the annual celebration of the joys and benefits of biking, rolling, and other active ways to get to school. Last year over six thousand students and their parents and teachers took part. Let’s break that record!
Any school from pre-K through high school may join the fun and receive rider bags and other student prizes. Parents or school staff may sign up your school. Once again there will be parent raffles, and Organizer and school prizes too. Biking, walking, all forms of rolling, and riding the bus are encouraged.
- Sign your school up today! Some prizes are in limited supply.
- Volunteer for the “Rider Bag” Bag Assembly Party April 6
- Plan your school’s 2016 event: Free Resources and Organizer Toolkit PDF
- See which schools participated in 2015
|See more photos of 2015 Bike & Roll to School Week. Thanks to the 91 schools that held events and all the parents and school staff who biked, rolled, and encouraged students to participate. Over 6,000 biked or took healthy transportation the week of the celebration. Read about 2015 SF Bike & Roll to School Week.|
2015 Winners of the Xtracycle EdgeRunner Family Bike in the Parent raffle! Read about the raffle winner’s surprise. Watch this video of the Edge Runner in action. Thanks to Xtracycle, BionX and The New Wheel Electric Bikes for their donation. Second and Third Prizes: test ride a family bike for a month or a week, donated by Vie Bikes.
Get Ready to Bike & Roll to School with Family Biking Programs
- Attend a Family Biking event to brush up on skills and practice riding as a family.
- Download the SF Bicycle Coalition’s Family Biking Guide, available in 3 languages.
- Attend an Adult Urban Bicycling class to gain confidence biking before you bike to school with children.
- For questions, email Nancy Buffum or call her at 415.431.2453 x 314.